[QScintilla] Selected text is removed on right-click in scintilla-qt5 but not qt4

F32 feng32 at 163.com
Wed Nov 22 03:29:17 GMT 2017

On my working OS (Linux Mint), no context menu is poped up when compiled with qt5, and the selected text just disappeared.
Then, today I installed a new CentOS 7 and new Mint 17 in VirtualBox, and tried compiling qscintilla.pro & application.pro with qt5 again. It turned out to be fine.
I seems that the reason is some qt binaries have been corrupted / mismatched on my system. A fresh os installation will fix all the problems.

在2017年11月19 23时55分, "Phil Thompson"<phil at riverbankcomputing.com>写道:

On 17 Nov 2017, at 11:04 am, F32 <feng32 at 163.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on qscintilla these days, replacing the default text-edit widget for better user experience.
>
> My operation system is:
>   - Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa 64-bit (based on Ubuntu 14.04)
>   - Linux 3.19.0-32-generic x86_64
>   - MATE 1.12.0
>   - gtk 3.10.8
>
> At first the project is built with the latest qt5 toolchain (5.9.2) downloaded from qt.io, however, I found that when some text is selected and I right-click inside the edit area, the selection would be removed (it is not cut into the clipborad).
>
> Then, I installed the qt4 development files (4.8.5) from the ubuntu repo, and compiled with qmake-qt4 again, this behavior disappears and everything works fine.
>
> I googled for half an hour but was unable to find similar reports.
>
> Is this a compability issue of scintilla or qt5? Does anyone know how to fix it in qt5?

If you right-click then you should get the context menu containing the usual Cut/Copy/Paste etc. options.