[QScintilla] Selected text is removed on right-click in scintilla-qt5 but not qt4

F32 feng32 at 163.com
Fri Nov 17 11:04:31 GMT 2017

Hi,

I'm working on qscintilla these days, replacing the default text-edit widget for better user experience.

My operation system is:
  - Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa 64-bit (based on Ubuntu 14.04)
  - Linux 3.19.0-32-generic x86_64
  - MATE 1.12.0
  - gtk 3.10.8

At first the project is built with the latest qt5 toolchain (5.9.2) downloaded from qt.io, however, I found that when some text is selected and I right-click inside the edit area, the selection would be removed (it is not cut into the clipborad).

Then, I installed the qt4 development files (4.8.5) from the ubuntu repo, and compiled with qmake-qt4 again, this behavior disappears and everything works fine.

I googled for half an hour but was unable to find similar reports.

Is this a compability issue of scintilla or qt5? Does anyone know how to fix it in qt5?