[QScintilla] Strings with \0 charaters in it?

Matic Kukovec kukovecmatic at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 25 17:08:57 BST 2017

Hi guys,

I just noticed that when adding strings that contain null characters ('\0') using the setText method,

QScintilla cuts off the string at the first null character it finds. To be sure I opened the same text saved

to a file with Notepad++ and SciTE and there the null characters appear.

Is this a bug or should strings with null characters be handled differently?

I used this example to for testing:

qscieditor.setText("Test\nText\nIn\n\0An\nQscintilla\nEditor")

Thanks,

Matic