[QScintilla] compiling and linking against qscintilla 2.9.3

JohnD john.david.donoghue at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 21:13:35 BST 2016

Maybe something obvious that I am missing, but when running qmake (qt4) on
the release sources of qscintilla 2.9.3 in linux, the resulting library
doesn't have any exported symbols, so when compiling a simple program:

Say:

#include <Qsci/qsciapis.h>

#include <Qsci/qscilexercpp.h>

int main ()

{

   QsciLexer *lexer = new QsciLexerCPP ();

   QsciAPIs *lexer_apis = new QsciAPIs (lexer);

   return 0;

}

It fails with undefined references to  `QsciLexerCPP::QsciLexerCPP(QObject*,
bool)' and `QsciAPIs::QsciAPIs(QsciLexer*)'

If I remove the CONFIG setting in qscintilla.pro  of 'hide_symbols', it
works ok.

AM I missing something in build of qscintilla or my test program ??

Same issue occurs on 2.9.2, where the hide_symbols setting was added.