[QScintilla] "QWidget: Must construct a QApplication before a QWidget" and crash in debug on windows

Cedric Perthuis cedric.perthuis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 08:33:54 GMT 2016

I confirm that my suggested fix works.

I used qmake to generate a visual studio project:

qmake -tp vc qscintilla.pro

- In "Linker > General" I changed the output to $(OutDir)\qscintilla2d.dll
- In "Linker > Additional Dependencies" I removed the 'd' to all the Qt
dlls:

Qt5PrintSupport.lib
Qt5Widgets.lib
Qt5Gui.lib
Qt5Core.lib

I built the debug configuration and then I used this new qscintilla2d.dll
in my debug application linked with the Qt release dlls, and qscintilla
works fine in a debug app with the Qt release dlls.

Thanks for developing and maintaining qscintilla, great work!
Cedric