[QScintilla] No more license exceptions?

agarny at hellix.com agarny at hellix.com
Fri Mar 11 09:35:46 GMT 2016

Hi,

I have been using QScintilla for a long time and this in an open source
project that is released under the Apache v2.0 license. It was fine for
me to do so thanks to the license exceptions present in QScintilla.

However, I have just noticed that starting from version 2.9, those
exceptions are not present anymore. So, unless I missed something,
QScintilla is now released under GPL v3.0 and that is it, while up to
version 2.8.4, it was released under GPL v2.0/v3.0 + some exceptions
that made it fine, for me at least, to use it under the Apache v2.0
license.

So, have those exceptions gone? In other words, can I still use
QScintilla 2.9 and later in my Apache v2.0 project?

Cheers, Alan.