[QScintilla] Makefile issues

ken gebser at mousecar.com
Wed Jan 20 00:10:33 GMT 2016

On 01/18/2016 05:30 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> ken wrote:

>>> To override qmake flags, you can try something like:
>>>
>>> qmake-qt4 qscintilla.pro \
>>>     QMAKE_CFLAGS="..." \
>>>     QMAKE_CXXFLAGS="..."
>>>
>>> (or try setting QMAKE_CFLAGS_RELEASE and QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE instead)
>>>
>>> -- Rex
>>
>> You mean to create libqscintilla2.so, yes?
>
> Yes... in context you did say above:
> "Looking at the Makefile... resulting from 'qmake-qt4 qscintilla.pro'"
>
> -- Rex

Yes.  I just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same thing.

After doing quite a bit research, I found the best way is to put
configurations into qmake.conf files.  The ones I found worked for me were:

/usr/lib64/qt4/mkspecs/common/linux.conf
/usr/lib64/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64/qmake.conf

For your platform and OS and version you might need to use different files.

Into those files went:

QMAKE_CFLAGS_RELEASE = "-march=native"
QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE = "-march=native"

Doing so overrode what was in the already created Makefile... that was
unexpected.

Hope this helps somebody else.