[QScintilla] Korean IME composition bug since QScintilla 2.8.1 (windows only)

zelong bugcaptor at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 07:55:28 BST 2016

Since 2.8.1 version, Korean character composition not working.
If I intend to type "한글" ('han-guel' that two characters), result of
composition is "한글글". (han-guel-guel, the last character added not
intended) Not specific character's problem, but so many composition error
appeared so typing Korean character's almost impossible.

I tested this problem and I found the line of that.

32, 33 line of InputMethod.cpp in Qt4Qt5 directory.

void QsciScintillaBase::inputMethodEvent(QInputMethodEvent *event)
{
    // Do nothing if it appears to be a non-event.  This can sometimes
happen
    // (but why?) on losing focus.
    if (event->commitString().isEmpty() && event->preeditString().isEmpty()
&& event->replacementLength() == 0)
        return;

If I remove last two lines of code, it's OK. No problem for typing any
characters.

But I don't know why this change made, and don't know also how to push(the
process) fix.

This problem only occur on Windows system. I found this problem for Gideros
Studio IDE code editor (http://giderosmobile.com/). Gideros uses QScintilla
for code editing window. And windows version have this problem, mac version
not. I tested by custom built gideros studio (qscintilla2.dll exactly)
removing above two line of code.

Please help to fix this problem people.