[QScintilla] Use of Qt namespace ( -qtnamespace foo145 -qtlibinfix Foo14 ) with Qt 5.4.1 and QScintilla C++

Stephan Koerner skoerner at altair.com
Thu Mar 12 14:41:17 GMT 2015

Does anyone have experience with using the namespace option in configuring Qt
in conjunction with QScintilla.  We currently have had good experiences using QScintilla  qs272
with Qt 4.7.1 on Mac, Linux and win64 with the near default config for the Qt libraries.
Going forward we are contemplating going the namespaced route
using the following additional configure options  -qtnamespace foo145 -qtlibinfix Foo14
when building the Qt libraries.

Any advice, recommendations/cautions would be appreciated.

If this has already been discussed, please accept my profound apologies and please point
me to the appropriate archive location.  (I searched as best I could but could very well have
missed a past post on this topic)

stephan