[QScintilla] Override Tab, Ctrl-k on Mac

Dr. Sam Aaron samaaron at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 14:10:07 GMT 2015

Hi there,

On my Mac, I have an app containing a QScintilla editor and I’m able to override most of the keys to change behaviour. However I’m seemingly unable to override either the Tab key or the Ctrl-k combination. Is this a known problem? Perhaps I’m doing something silly?

Ideally I’d like to teach QScintilla to connect a Ctrl-k to a specific SLOT so I can provide some app-specific behaviour.

For example, changing line #83 of this file (https://github.com/samaaron/sonic-pi/blob/master/app/gui/qt/sonicpiscintilla.cpp#L83) to the following doesn’t change the behaviour of Ctrl-k after a recompile.

addKeyBinding(settings, QsciCommand::Home, Qt::Key_K | SPi_CTRL);

I’ve tried setting the key to 0 and adding a standard Qt shortcut at the qscintilla widget level, but that doesn’t appear to work either.

Am I missing something obvious?

Sam