[QScintilla] Possible QScintilla issue

Joe Mueller joe_mueller at mentor.com
Sat Apr 25 19:42:12 BST 2015

Phil Thompson <phil at ...> writes:

> On 03/09/2014 7:02 pm, Detlev Offenbach wrote:

> >> I can't reproduce this. I'm adding an annotation to the current
line
> >> when I press a particular function key but can still scroll to make
> >> any
> >> line visible.
> >
> > I can scroll using the cursor keys. However, the scrollbar range is
> > too small. It seems, that the
> > annotation is not accounted for when calculating the scrollbar
range.

> I'm scrolling with the scrollbar which noticeably changes when the
> annotation is added.
>
> Phil

I'm still seeing this problem using QScintilla in the version 3.5.1
release of Scintilla. I tried to set the maximum to allow for the new
annotations by calling verticalScrollBar()->setMaximum(newMaximum) but
this seems to cause other bad behavior when using the scroll bar to
scroll up one line at a time (the view jumps a couple lines or gets
stuck for a few clicks). Is there a fix that's missing from this version
of Scintilla?

Joe