[QScintilla] Border around marker of type QsciScintilla::Background

Marc Gronle marc.gronle at ito.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Mar 5 10:18:10 GMT 2014

Hello together,

I'm new to this mailing list and tried to find out if this question already
has been posted. I didn't find anything, so please apologize if I'm wrong.

We use QScintilla for a Python script editor and mark some lines with a
background marker with a different background color (e.g. red). If this
color does not have an alpha component, everything is fine. However, if
there is an alpha component, the rectangular background has a black margin,
which is not desired, especially if the line below or above has the same
background color.

I tried to find out where this fact comes from. The alpha-version of the
marker uses SurfaceImpl::AlphaRectangle in PlatQt.cpp. This function
modifies the brush of the QPainter, however not the pen. In the non-alpha
version (RoundedRectangle), the pen is modified and in many other functions
the pen is explicitely set to NoPen before drawing. By not setting set pen,
the last configuration is used, depending on which function is called
before.

If the pen would have been set to NoPen in AlphaRectangle, no border should
be painted.

Is the border-behaviour desired for the alpha version? Else, maybe my
suggestion would help to solve this.

Cheers

Marc