[QScintilla] Selected text is deleted when focus is lost

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sat Mar 1 09:10:52 GMT 2014

Hello,

I had observed the very same effect a couple of weeks ago while testing eric5 with PyQt4/Qt5
and Phil fixed it together with me. You should use the latest snapshot releases. Please not that
there were other peculiarities in QScintilla/PyQt4 that were fixed meanwhile. I would suggest you
use the latest snapshots of all packages.

Detlev

On Saturday 01 March 2014, 04:44:38 Federico wrote:
> Hi,
> I am currently using QScintilla for a personal project, and I've
> encountered a problem which I was not able to fix.   First, some
> information:  I'm using QScintilla v2.8, Qt v5.2.1 and GCC 4.8.2 to
> compile, (system: Linux 3.13.5, w/ GNOME 3.10).
>
> The problem: whenever I select some text on a QsciScintilla widget, if I
> interact with another widget, the selected text is erased.
>
> I tried implementing a quick fix:  I reimplemented QsciScintilla's
> "focusOutEvent(QFocusEvent*)" function to unset the selection when it was
> called (by calling setSelection(0, 0, 0, 0) ).  This fix only works on some
> cases: for example, clicking on a button in the Menu bar no longer deletes
> the selection, but clicking on the window's title bar still does.
>
> I was wondering if I am not using the QsciScintilla class correctly, or if
> this is a bug.
>
> Thanks,
> Federico--
*Detlev Offenbach*