[QScintilla] Custom Lexer based on QscilexerCPP

Steve Lamperti steve2lamperti at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 23:49:09 BST 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to build a custom lexer that is very closely based on the
QSciLexerCPP class.  I started by thinking that I could just make a
descendent of that class, and override methods in it to add my desired
behaviors/keywords/etc.  But when I tried to do this, I quickly realized
that the desired methods that I wanted to override were not virtual.
(For example, I wanted to add a new style, and tried to override
DefaultColor to give it a default.)

The syntax is really very close to QSciLexerCPP with just a few
changes.  If someone could let me know what the recommended method to do
this would be, I would appreciate it.  (One option that occurs to me, is
just to copy the entire code of the QSciLeverCpp object, and perhaps
this would be OK, but if I am missing something, I would appreciate
hearing about it.)

Thanks,

-Steve L