[QScintilla] Qscintilla 2.6.1 / 2.8.1 differences?

Matic Kukovec matic.kukovec at pametnidom.si
Mon Dec 22 20:33:12 GMT 2014

On 22.12.2014 17:11, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On 22/12/2014 3:38 pm, Matic Kukovec wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I'm using PyQt 4.9.4 (Windows) which has QScintilla version 2.6.1 and
>> have noticed that there is significant
>> lag on scrolling in documents with a large number of long lines, more
>> than 400 characters.
>> In QScintilla 2.8.1 (PyQt 4.11 on Windows) the lag is completely gone.
>> Can anyone tell me what was upgraded and where in the source code that
>> fixed this scroll lag?
>
> I suggest you do a diff of the Qt4Qt5 directories.
>
> Phil

Hi Phil,

I did some additional testing and the fix happens from version 2.7.1 to
2.7.2.
I looked into the differences in the Qt4Qt5 directory and the only
significant difference
is in the file PlatQt.cpp, more specifically in the
"SurfaceImpl::MeasureWidths" and
"SurfaceImpl::metrics" function and function "SurfaceImpl::convertQFont"
was added.
I don't know the code, could you tell me what these functions are used for?

Thanks,
Matic