[QScintilla] How to use AVS lexer?

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Mon Apr 28 08:56:42 BST 2014

On 28/04/2014 8:40 am, Jeremi Roivas wrote:
> I have troubles understanding how to use lexers in the code and can't
> seem to find proper tutorial that shows how to use AVS lexer.
>
>  Could you help me?

Lexer support is in two parts. The actual lexer is implemented in the
low level Scintilla code and can be set using SCI_SETLEXER.

Each lexer may (or may not) have a second part implemented as part of
the high level QScintilla API - these are the QsciLexer* classes and are
used with the QsciScintilla::setLexer() method. The lexer class is a
container for the lexer's configuration (colours, fonts etc). A lexer
class is only provided for a lexer if somebody has asked for it. Up
until now nobody has asked for the AVS lexer. I'll add it for the next
release.