[QScintilla] Blurry rendering of text on Retina displays on OS X

Alan Garny agarny at hellix.com
Tue Dec 3 17:34:03 GMT 2013

Hi Phil,

> Your tests don't rule out a Qt problem.
>
> Does the problem occur with the standard Qt examples?
>
> Does the problem occur with the display of a file dialog using the QScintilla
> example?

Sorry, I guess I should have mentioned that I tested with a very simple Qt application that has various Qt widgets (radio button, check box, button, etc.), including a QTextEdit object, and everything worked as expected.

Just for the sake of it, I have just tried Qt's textedit and syntaxhighlighter examples (under examples/widgets/richtext), and they both work as expected.

Finally, I just had a look at the file dialog using the QScintilla example, and it also works as expected (unlike the editor itself, as previously mentioned).

If you want, I can email you (and not the list) some screenshots?

Cheers, Alan.