[QScintilla] Matlab Lexer

John Swensen jpswensen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 16:44:11 BST 2011

I am looking at using the QScintilla package for the editor component of an IDE for GNU Octave.  I see there is a lexer for Matlab, but am wondering if something hasn't been completed yet.  For almost every language, I see both a Lex<NAMEOFLANGUAGE>.cpp file in the lexer directory and a corresponding qscilexer<NAMEOFLANGUAGE>.cpp file in the Qt4 directory.  However, there is no qscimatlab.cpp file. Do I need to create a qscimatlab.cpp file, following the pattern of some of the other languages, to have Matlab syntax support or is there some other way to get the Matlab lexer working?  I see that the Matlab lexer is linked in by looking at src/Catalogue.cpp and that when building inside Qt4 there is a LexMatlab.o file after the build completes, but I can't figure out how to use the lexer.

John Swensen