[QScintilla] qscintilla QT designer plugin

Rubi Mazaki rubimazaki at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 16:07:34 BST 2010

I'v installed QT clean twice, just for the sake of testing QScintilla..
Maybe it's QT problem or Windows 7 but it seems I was ok with the steps I
took.
1. I used QT's cmd shortcut for setting the environment and followed the
instructions on the QScintilla\ ...\QT4\html\index.htm page.
   With the exception of using "mingw32-make.exe" but "make.exe" (no
make.exe on my computer)
2. After following the make + install of both QT4 and designer4, with
warnings but no errors, I opened QT (4) and found that the plugin was not
installed!
3. After looking around I saw there was no qscintillaplugin.pluginspec file
anywhere, I even tried to moc one (copy pasted another and tried to fix it
for scintilla) but then QT poped out message that it awaits for an msvc
build of the plugin. I didn't give up and setup Visual Studio 2005 + sp1 and
updates .. (thinking about it I wasted some effort here :). tried to compile
with nmake, but since QT4 that is available on QT's site is a mingw build,
it could not link to scintilla. At that point I understand that

Scintilla is only for visual studio build of QT. not the main QT4 trunk.
so.. is there a QScintilla for the normal QT4? (which later be compatible to
mingw on other OS's?)

I hope there's a positive answer to this (or at least more positive than it
looks now...)

rubi