[QScintilla] qscintilla QT designer plugin

Rubi Mazaki rubimazaki at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 20:05:11 BST 2010

Hi,
I am trying for some time now to install QScintilla plugin on QT 2010.05
windows open source.
I followed the instructions and built / intalled both QT4 / designer builds
without any special errors, only a few warnings using MINGW.
Now after I started QT the plugin was simply not found, so I made the
following step and copied the qscintillaplugin.dll to the designer folder
manually and even created qscintillaplugin.pluginspec file for it on the
plugins folder (under a separate folder).
Now QT says on load: that it expects an msvc build, so searching around I
found that I should change the registration values for the plugin so it is
msvc (and not mingw).
Now QT says: "the shared library was not found".

Now, compiling with msvc 2005 (after setting environment variables right)
was successfull, yet linking failed, maybe because the standard QT download
2010.4/5 is mingw and not msvc.

So, now I am stuck, from my previous experience with scintilla on MFC it was
a great tool, but it seems it still has a way to make to be available under
QT...

I would appreciate anyone's help.