[QScintilla] QScintilla build MacOS X 10.6

b k mutualaid at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 02:07:36 BST 2010

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 4:56 AM, Phil Thompson
<phil at riverbankcomputing.com>wrote:

> I can't reproduce this with my old 32-bit system.  It's likely to be a
> problem with the different bits (Python, Qt) being built for different
> architectures.

I'm using a MacBook Air rev B which is 64-bit.

I tried removing and reinstalling XCode and then rebuilt QScintilla and the
same thing happens. If I install the libs anyway and then run eric5
install.py:

$python3 install.py
Checking dependencies
Python Version: 3.1.2
Found PyQt
Sorry, please install QScintilla2 and
it's PyQt4 wrapper.
Error: dlopen(/Library/Python/3.1/site-packages/PyQt4/Qsci.so, 2): Symbol
not found: __ZN10QsciLexerD16staticMetaObjectE
  Referenced from: /Library/Python/3.1/site-packages/PyQt4/Qsci.so
  Expected in: flat namespace
 in /Library/Python/3.1/site-packages/PyQt4/Qsci.so

My prereqs:

- Python 3.1.2 Mac OS X package from python.org
- Qt 4.6.3 MacOS X package from qt.nokia.com
- PyQt 4.7.3 source package from riverbankcomputing.co.uk

It's a shame that apparently Qsci/eric5 are not usable on OS X as it is a
great IDE that I've used on Windows.

Ben K.