[QScintilla] ANN: QScintilla v2.4.1 Released

Chris Packham judge.packham at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 14:01:38 GMT 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 5:13 AM, Phil Thompson
<phil at riverbankcomputing.com> wrote:
> QScintilla v2.4.1 has been released and is available for download at the
> usual place.
>
> This release adds support for QLexerSpice and QLexerVerilog.
>
> Also the "auto-completion list with the Gnome window manager" and the "slow
> drawing of large amounts of text" problems should be fixed.
>
> Phil

Hi,

I think there is a problem with the "auto-completion list with the
Gnome window manager" fix.

If your Qt4 version is less than 0x040500 you will see the following
compile errors.

SciClasses.cpp: In constructor ‘SciListBox::SciListBox(QWidget*, ListBoxQt*)’:
SciClasses.cpp:195: error: expected primary-expression before ‘(’ token
SciClasses.cpp:195: error: expected primary-expression before ‘*’ token
SciClasses.cpp:195: error: expected primary-expression before ‘*’ token
SciClasses.cpp:196: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘:’ token
SciClasses.cpp:212: error: a function-definition is not allowed here
before ‘{’ token
SciClasses.cpp:219: error: no matching function for call to
‘SciListBox::~SciListBox()’
SciClasses.h:101: note: candidates are: virtual SciListBox::~SciListBox()
SciClasses.cpp:220: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘{’ token
SciClasses.cpp:228: error: a function-definition is not allowed here
before ‘{’ token
SciClasses.cpp:231: error: expected ‘}’ at end of input
make: *** [SciClasses.o] Error 1

I'll attempt to follow up with a patch but I'm not familiar with the
problem this code is trying to solve.