[QScintilla] bug in QsciScintilla::markerDeleteAll

Gedalia Pasternak gedalia at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 18:04:07 BST 2010

 I think I called delete all and then added 2 markers, after aprox 16 times
things started getting very wierd. the markers started appearing in the code
folding margin.
the  allocatedMarkers = 0; fixed the issue, and it makes sense looking at
the code.

-gedalia

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.com
> wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 13:20:21 -0400, Gedalia Pasternak <gedalia at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Not sure if this has been fixed in a recent build but I'm getting weird
> > behavior if I create and then delete lots of markers with
> > markerDeleteAll().
> > (I wind up with many markers in the code folding margin)
> >
> > I think *allocatedMarkers *not being reset is the problem.
> >
> > // Delete a marker from the text.
> > void QsciScintilla::markerDeleteAll(int mnr)
> > {
> >     if (mnr <= MARKER_MAX)
> >     {
> >         if (mnr < 0){
> >             SendScintilla(SCI_MARKERDELETEALL, -1);
> > *            allocatedMarkers = 0;
> > *        }
> >         else if (allocatedMarkers & (1 << mnr))
> >             SendScintilla(SCI_MARKERDELETEALL, mnr);
> >     }
> > }
> >
> > -Gedalia
>
> allocatedMarkers is related to the definition of marker numbers and not
> individual markers so I don't see how this makes any difference.
>
> Have you got a test case?
>
> Phil

cel: 917.776.8346                 AIM: gedaliap
http://www.gedalia.net
Fight Entropy!!!  Fight Entropy!!!  Figth Etnropy! !
iFgth Etnrop!y ! giFth tErno!py !  giFt htrEno!p y! --- Well maybe
not...