[QScintilla] bug when dragging text to another application?

Eric tidris769 at cox.net
Wed Apr 21 00:23:21 BST 2010

I am using eric4 on ubuntu linux and I have noticed a possible drag and drop bug that is probably
caused by scintilla.

When I drag text from the eric4 text window (which uses scintilla) into a window belonging to
another application, the dragged text shows up on the other application's window as expected, but it
also vanishes from the eric4 text window. The vanishing part seems like the wrong behavior to me.
When dragging text to another application I expect it to be a copy operation, but scintilla seems to
be attempting a move operation instead.

IMO, a move operation only makes sense when dragging text within the same document (or scintilla
widget).