[QScintilla] Problem with Debug-Mode in Visual C++ 9.0: Application does not launch.

Paul Kerchen pkerchen at simcreator.com
Tue Sep 9 14:43:55 BST 2008

I encountered this behavior (using VC++ 7.0) when the build mode of my
application did not match the build mode of QScintilla (i.e., when one was
built in debug mode and the other was built in release).  This is rather
inconvenient since QScintilla names both the debug and release DLLs with the
same name and installs them to the same location, making it so that you
can't simultaneously build both debug and release versions of an application
that uses the library.  I modified my qscintilla.pro file so that it builds
both debug and release DLLs and appends a 'd' to the filename of the debug
version of the dll/lib:

CONFIG += qt warn_off debug_and_release build_all dll thread

CONFIG(debug, debug|release) {
	TARGET = $$join(TARGET,,,d)
}

Paul