[QScintilla] AutoCompletion for object based languages...is it possible?

Eric Fontana eric at carbondesignsystems.com
Mon Oct 27 16:40:46 GMT 2008

Well; I've been experimenting with the AutoComplete (QsciAPIs) api and
got

it working, however its not that useful without the next step;

I have an embedded QtScript object in my app, I registered a global

property "Project" to access it from the Script.

When you type "Project" (dot) "Project." the autocomplete pops up

and I can select a method name ,that works great.

Howerver, if a method returns an object, lets say for example:

var x = Project.Color;

If color was a QObject which had a name property I can type

x.name

However, since "x" isn't known to the autocomplete api, it's not known.

Is there a way to know when "x" is defined "var x = ..." easily?

I also noticed that the load() method doesn't support a return type

from the loader file.

Has anyone done this before?

Thanks

Eric