[QScintilla] Set QScintilla styles w/ stylesheets? QTextEdit zooms?

kib2 kibleur.christophe at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 17:28:37 BST 2008

2008/10/23 Edward K. Ream <edreamleo at gmail.com>

> For my old eyes, setting QScintilla's font to "Courier New" 8 bold
> magnified 6 times looks absolutely beautiful.  I'm instantly spoiled
> for life :-)

I personnally prefer  Consolas or DejaVu Sans Mono, but that's another story
:)

> At present, Leo does this with lexer.setFont and w.zoomIn(6), but it
> would be easier for Leo's users if they could use a stylesheet. Is
> this possible?  If so, are there docs?

I don't think so (neither Scintilla control has this, even wxScintilla. Look
at the Editra code editor, they build their own XML file format as
stylesheets), you have to write something for remembering the styles you
set.
Maybe QSettings can help in this case.

> BTW, I can set QTextEdit with a stylesheet, but apparently w.zoomIn
> doesn't work for QTextEdit if there is a stylesheet active :-( Is
> there a way to specify zoom factors in style sheets? I have tried
> 'zoom' and 'zoom-in' with no joy.

Have you tried ie :

self.zoomIn(1)

followed by a :