[QScintilla] XML lexer and folding

Stefan Langer s.langer at artificial-technology.de
Wed May 7 08:55:12 BST 2008

>> so ... what is wrong:
>> - the QSci Lexer marks unknown Tags/Attributes red (but there is no
>> unknown tags in xml ... it is_* *_*_EXTENSIBLE_ Markup Language* )
>
> This problem can be solved by making the styles for *unknown*
> Tags/Attributes the same as those used for *known* Tags/Attributes.
ok, i haven't mentioned that I experimented a bit more ... when i
changed the coloring of unknown tags/attributes to that of normal
tags/attributes, the tags are colored correctly ... but the attributes
aren't in "attribute color", if the tag is a unknown one (so in the
unknown-tags there seems to be no attribute-detection or something like
that)
>> - the QSci Lexer has no folding for xml
>>
>> ... or is there any option in the HTML-Lexer to switch this behavior?
>> (couldn't find something like that)
>
> Folding can be switched on by setting the "fold.html" property to "1".
ah, haven't seen that property-mechanism ... so, with that I could set
the same properties like in the SciTE-properties-files?

> It would be nice if there was a qscintilla lexer to encapsulate a sane
> set of defaults for XML. If you feel like making a contribution, it
> would be pretty easy to write one (just take a look at qscilexerhtml.cpp
> for inspiration).
i started playing around with a qscilexerxml.cpp ... if I find a
solution for that unknown-attributes within unknown-tags, i will cleanup
this experimental file and post it ...