[QScintilla] Re: Possible QScintilla Bug

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Sun Jul 27 16:20:05 BST 2008

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 18:39:05 +0200, Detlev Offenbach
<detlev at die-offenbachs.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am showing a user list using the showUserList() method of
QsciScintilla.
> The
> list consists of string of the form "abcd (def.xyz)". However, when aan
> entry
> is selected, the userListActivated(int, const QString) signal only sends
> the
> first part of the string, i.e. up to the blank. My code gets "abcd"
> instead
> of the complete string, which would be needed by my application. Is this
>
> bug? If not, how can I get what I need?

Apologies for the delay...

It's a bug. The feature is used to implement the extra information that is
shown in the auto-completion list. The problem is that the code doesn't
know if it displaying an auto-completion list or a user list without
peeking at the internals.

I need to think about how best to fix it...