[QScintilla] create external lexer

Joan Pablo Jimenez Milian jpjimenez at estudiantes.uci.cu
Thu Feb 28 02:28:13 GMT 2008

Hi, I'm new about QScintilla. I'm working in a simple IDE (to Linux) to learn more about Qt and QScintilla and for personal and my friends use.

I know how to write a new Lexer but I want to create an External Lexer and load it as a Dynamic Library.

I need some help about this, these are my problems :

I have make the .so with the functions I need :

void EXT_LEXER_DECL Lex(unsigned int lexer, unsigned int startPos, int length, int initStyle, char *words[], WindowID window, char *props);
int EXT_LEXER_DECL GetLexerCount();
void EXT_LEXER_DECL GetLexerName(unsigned int Index, char *name, int buflength);
void EXT_LEXER_DECL Fold(unsigned int lexer, unsigned int startPos, int length, int initStyle, char *words[], WindowID window, char *props);

1-) But I don't know how to make a PropSet with props (I don't know what are props). I just know that I need PropSet and WindowID to make a WindowAccesor and use it as a Accesor style (or I'm wrong?).

2-) How can I load MyLexer.so from my QtApp (what code I should write).

Please, any help. I will apreciate very much if somebody can explain me if posible with some sample code.