[QScintilla] Indentation guides in QScintilla2

Baz Walter bazwal at ftml.net
Sun Feb 17 17:21:54 GMT 2008

Detlev Offenbach wrote:
  > I see the following. When you enter the following code
>
> def f():
>     x = 6
>     if x == 6:
>         x = 7
>

>         y = 7
>
> I get indentation guides below the if, even if the "empty" lines are really
> empty (no characters there).

Yes, I see the same thing, now. So it really does mean totally empty
lines. I suppose the guides are being drawn something like the Edge
Column in Edge-Line Mode.

This looks like it might be quite annoying at first glance. However,
your example python code has an indentation error with the fifth and
sixth lines being newlines only. The problem would be more compelling if
there were examples of syntactically correct code which showed wrong
indentation guides.

Baz