[QScintilla] Trying to get auto-completion without call-tips

Kor de Jong kor at jemig.eu
Fri May 4 23:24:38 BST 2007

Hi all,

According to the docs of QsciAPIs (2-snapshot-20070304):

"All function names are used by auto-completion, but only those that include function parameters are used in call tips."

This is not my exprerience though. In my application I would like to use the Qscintilla feature for auto-completion, but provide my own call-tips
once a function is selected. In the language my app needs to support the argument list of functions is relatively complex and I want to do
special call-tip processing.

I configure a QsciAPIs object with only function names, an empty argument list and a dummy description, like this:

"foo()blabla"

This results in a auto-completion list, but also with a call-tip once the ( is typed. At that time the call-tip provided by Qscintilla overlaps the one
provided by my app.

Removing the description didn't help.

Is there another way to have auto-completion but no call-tips?

Thanks,
Kor

---- Dit bericht is verzonden via mijndomein.nl