[QScintilla] Lexer Issue

Micha Bieber qtlist at traits.de
Tue Sep 5 11:31:08 BST 2006

> You need to write the new lexer for Scintilla (ignoring QScintilla), then
> write the QScintilla high level class (which is really just a way of avoiding
> Scintilla's property system), then the corresponding SIP wrapper.

I think, I can see it now. So, there is no way to transfer all of the
customized lex/fold functionality from python classes to a qscintilla
kernel at runtime. I have to compile a suiting LexerModule beforehand,
the best here an ExternalLexerModule residing in a (re)loadable dynamic
library, right?
The reason for my question is kind of an interactively improved lexer,
where the user can mark pieces of text from the qscintilla widget and
gives them meaning on the fly (not keywords only, that should be
possible - also block-opening characters/sentences, documentation
markers etc.) and to apply the changes at once.
To gain full control, the two function pointer arguments for the
LexerModule ctor must be controllable at runtime as kind of python
equivalents. I'm afraid, it stretches things too much, what a pity ... I
I have to admit, it is somewhat special, though ..

Anyway, thank you very much for guiding me,

Micha