ImportError: ~/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/PyQt5/QtCore.abi3.so: undefined symbol: _ZdaPvm, version Qt_5

Pei Jia jiapei at longervision.com
Sat Mar 9 14:06:31 GMT 2024

Hi, all:

I think my issue mentioned in the title is due to Qt5 version
incompatibility.

/ImportError:
~/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/PyQt5/QtCore.abi3.so: undefined
symbol: _ZdaPvm, version Qt_5/

I manually installed the newest Qt-5.15.12 already.

However, due to https://pypi.org/project/PyQt5/ , PyQt5 is still 5.15.10  .

That probably caused the above error.

Wondering if two packages: PyQt5 and Qt5 itself are maintained
respectively by the same group and at the same time?

Well, anyway, can anybody please help to upgrade PyQt5 from 5.15.10 to
5.15.12?

cheers

Pei