[pyqtdeploy] Failing at building the demo

Charles peacech at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 18:21:39 GMT 2024

With C++ the relevant error is the first error line, the rest is usually
noise. If you google gcc numeric_limits is not a class template you will
find https://bugs.gentoo.org/768342

If you use gcc 11 then use gcc 10 otherwise patch qt headers as in
https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/commit/?id=92d54be896563102786238893a9c645b8bdb43ef

On Sat, Mar 9, 2024 at 12:49 AM umbertofilippo <umbertofilippo at tiscali.it>
wrote:

> [...]
> "#define OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER" in  "/usr/include/openssl/opensslv.h".
>
> Can you check that you have that line in your header file too?
>
> If not, it's probably that OpenSSL updated their header files and put the
> VERSION_NUMBER somewhere else...
>
> If you want to run the demo, I would recommend you install the default
> versions as written in the `sysroot.toml`
>
> If there are fixes to make for each "version grepping", I believe that
> Phil had a way to contribute to plugins for pyqtdeploy, but can't remember
> where...
>
> Best regards,
>
> KC
>
> Le jeu. 7 mars 2024 à 17:56, Kaiser Chief <kaiser.chiefmail at gmail.com> a
> écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> According to the sysroot help page (
>> https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/static/Docs/pyqtdeploy/sysroot.html#openssl),
>> if you have configured your `sysroot.toml` like this:
>> ```
>>
>> [OpenSSL.linux]version = ""install_from_source = false
>>
>> ```
>>
>> Then, on Linux, the OpenSSL library used will be the one installed on
>> your OS with no assumption on the version (so that should work in your
>> example).
>> Now, that's what is provided in the demo folder for `pyqtdeploy-3.3.0`,
>> so that's odd.
>>
>> Therefore, it could be that the `pyqtdeploy-sysroot` functionality is
>> struggling to extract the version number from your OS-installed OpenSSL.
>>
>> ---
>>
>> I am not of great help with that comment, however, I would like to
>> suggest, if it's your first time with pyqtdeploy to give a try at my Github
>> repo:
>>
>> https://github.com/achille-martin/pyqt-crom
>>
>> This repo aims at demonstrating how beginner devs, intermediate devs and
>> expert devs can benefit from pyqtdeploy.
>> It also offers a few simple tutorials to get started with pyqtdeploy
>> (simpler than the demo in the official pyqtdeploy package) and optimises
>> bits of the tool regarding the user interface (for now).
>>
>> I can support you with your initial journey on discovering pyqtdeploy
>> through my repo if you wish.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> KC
>>
>> Le jeu. 7 mars 2024 à 17:06, umbertofilippo <umbertofilippo at tiscali.it>
>> a écrit :
>>
>>> Hello everyone, first time here for me :)
>>>

>>> I was giving pyqtdeploy a try and I am stuck at the very first step of
>>> the "Building the Demo" page.
>>>

>>> I am on a Linux-64 machine. I am following the tutorial at
>>> https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/static/Docs/pyqtdeploy/demo.html and
>>> I have downloaded the demo files from
>>>
>>> https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/44/d4/978017382f0ecc48601944c3fc0f58a5c5075a1d3acd48d09c11ee471b05/pyqtdeploy-3.3.0.tar.gz
>>>

>>> I have created a virtual python environment with the following packages

>>> _libgcc_mutex,0.1
>>> _openmp_mutex,4.5
>>> bzip2,1.0.8
>>> ca-certificates,2024.2.2