[pyqtdeploy] Failing at building the demo

umbertofilippo umbertofilippo at tiscali.it
Thu Mar 7 17:06:26 GMT 2024

Hello everyone, first time here for me :)

I was giving pyqtdeploy a try and I am stuck at the very first step of
the "Building the Demo" page.

I am on a Linux-64 machine. I am following the tutorial at
https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/static/Docs/pyqtdeploy/demo.html and
I have downloaded the demo files from
https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/44/d4/978017382f0ecc48601944c3fc0f58a5c5075a1d3acd48d09c11ee471b05/pyqtdeploy-3.3.0.tar.gz

I have created a virtual python environment with the following packages
and versions installed:

Name,Version
_libgcc_mutex,0.1
_openmp_mutex,4.5
bzip2,1.0.8
ca-certificates,2024.2.2
ld_impl_linux-64,2.40
libexpat,2.6.1
libffi,3.4.2
libgcc-ng,13.2.0
libgomp,13.2.0
libnsl,2.0.1
libsqlite,3.45.1
libuuid,2.38.1
libxcrypt,4.4.36
libzlib,1.2.13
ncurses,6.4
openssl,3.2.1
pip,24.0
pyqt5,5.15.10
pyqt5-qt5,5.15.2
pyqt5-sip,12.13.0
pyqtdeploy,3.3.0
python,3.12.2
readline,8.2
setuptools,69.1.1
tk,8.6.13
toml,0.10.2
tzdata,2024a
wheel,0.42.0
xz,5.2.6

I have tried to run the command "python build-demo.py" straight away,
but I am getting the following error:

OpenSSL: verifying...
OpenSSL: determining installed version from
'/usr/include/openssl/opensslv.h'.
pyqtdeploy-sysroot: OpenSSL: unable to extract the version number.

OpenSSL is installed on my machine and the result of doing "openssl
version" is "OpenSSL 3.2.1 30 Jan 2024 (Library: OpenSSL 3.2.1 30 Jan 2024)"

Am I supposed to install the exact versions of all the components found
in the ""sysroot.toml" file to be able to run "python build-demo.py"
successfully?

Thanks,

Umberto