QOpenGLContext missing "functions" method?

Jason Hallen hallenj at gmail.com
Thu Feb 29 04:43:08 GMT 2024

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to reimplement QOpenGLWidget in PyQt6 and have the following
code.

*class OpenGLWidget(QOpenGLWidget):        def __init__(self):
super().__init__()    def initializeGL(self):        context =
QtGui.QOpenGLContext.currentContext()        functions =
context.functions()*

However, I'm getting the following error when running the code.

*AttributeError: 'QOpenGLContext' object has no attribute 'functions'*

I looked in the source code at the QtGui.pyi file, and sure enough there
isn't a "functions" method declared in the QOpenGLContext class despite the
fact that the documentation
<https://doc.qt.io/qtforpython-6/PySide6/QtGui/QOpenGLContext.html#PySide6.QtGui.PySide6.QtGui.QOpenGLContext.functions>
says it should be there.

Can anyone help me understand what's going on? Am I misunderstanding
something, or is there a workaround I can use to access the OpenGL
functions?

Thanks!
Jason