"PyQt6.QtWebEngineCore.QWebEngineGlobalSettings.setDnsMode" missing method?

Matic Kukovec kukovecmatic at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 15 15:59:47 GMT 2024

Excellent, thank you Charles 👍
________________________________
From: Charles <peacech at gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2024 4:52 PM
To: Matic Kukovec <kukovecmatic at hotmail.com>
Cc: PyQt at riverbankcomputing.com <pyqt at riverbankcomputing.com>
Subject: Re: "PyQt6.QtWebEngineCore.QWebEngineGlobalSettings.setDnsMode" missing method?

It is printed regardless of the dns mode.

To hide the message you can set env `set QT_LOGGING_RULES="*.debug=false"` or call setFilterRules as written in https://doc.qt.io/qt-6/qloggingcategory.html.

I have checked that setting QT_LOGGING_RULES did remove the doh message in my qwebengine app.

On Thu, Feb 15, 2024 at 10:36 PM Matic Kukovec <kukovecmatic at hotmail.com<mailto:kukovecmatic at hotmail.com>> wrote:
Hi,

Specs:

  *
Windows 10 x64
  *   Python 3.12 x64
  *   PyQt 6.6.1
  *
QWebEngine 6.6.0

Running this code:
import PyQt6.QtWebEngineCore
dns_mode = PyQt6.QtWebEngineCore.QWebEngineGlobalSettings.DnsMode()
dns_mode.secureMode = PyQt6.QtWebEngineCore.QWebEngineGlobalSettings.SecureDnsMode.SystemOnly
PyQt6.QtWebEngineCore.QWebEngineGlobalSettings.setDnsMode(dns_mode)

... throws this error:
AttributeError: type object 'QWebEngineGlobalSettings' has no attribute 'setDnsMode'. Did you mean: 'DnsMode'?

This should probably work, right? It's this method: https://doc.qt.io/qt-6/qwebengineglobalsettings.html#setDnsMode

The whole reason for doing this is that I want to remove the message that gets printed when using a QWebEngineView, which is this message:
doh set to ""  --  SystemOnly

Or is there a different way to make this message disappear?

Thanks,
Matic