Weird QProxyStyle TypeError on Python 3.12

Charles peacech at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 17:02:13 BST 2023

I also experienced this when trying qdarktheme (
https://github.com/5yutan5/PyQtDarkTheme), running on python 3.11 64 bit,
Windows 10, PyQt6-6.5.3.dev2309101249-cp37-abi3-win_amd64.whl

TypeError: arguments did not match any overloaded call:
  QProxyStyle(style: typing.Optional[QStyle] = None): not enough arguments
  QProxyStyle(key: Optional[str]): not enough arguments

Probably because key is a reference

QProxyStyle::QProxyStyle(const QString &key)

To fix it I have to pass None as the parameter. So maybe None match a null
pointer but it does not match a null? reference. Can a reference even be
null?