Fwd: GLboolean is now treated as bytes

Chris Djali krizdjali at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 19:56:24 BST 2023

Hi again,

I've been informed that my last message doesn't look right on the mail
archive as apparently my usual mail client isn't embedding a plaintext
fallback, just the HTML. In case that means anyone can't read the
message, I'm sending the same message again below, just as plain text
this time. This is actually not even the first time I've tried doing
that, but I accidentally sent it to myself instead of the mailing
list. Oops.

Hi,

We’ve just noticed something odd when upgrading the PyQt6 version that
Mod Organizer 2 uses. OpenGL functions which take GLboolean as a
parameter or return a GLboolean now all take/give bytes when called
from Python. Previously, they took and gave bools. I’m struggling to
think of a good reason this might have been done intentionally, so am
pretty sure this is a bug and needs correcting.

Anyone got any context for this or have a contact point for me to
escalate this to a more formal issue report?

Many thanks,
AnyOldName3