Bad GPT

David Cortesi davecortesi at gmail.com
Wed May 3 22:15:57 BST 2023

At the risk of boring the list, I went to chatGPT4 and asked it to compose
a PyQt6 class of PlainTextEdit with find/replace dialog.

It also gave me repeated issues with name references, for example it seems
to be confusing QPlainTextEdit with QText Cursor, writing code such as this:

next_match = cursor.movePosition(QPlainTextEdit.WordRight,
>                                              QPlainTextEdit.KeepAnchor)

It also messes up the Qt6 lengthy reference strings for Qt enums and
constants.

All these mistakes would be both annoying and confusing to a novice. They
require repeated trips to doc.qt.io to figure out what the 'bot is trying
to say.