Unable to find asyncio module with pyqtdeploy - possible regression?

Andrew Fischer andrew at apastron.io
Fri Mar 10 20:36:30 GMT 2023

I am working a on pyqt project that imports a python module which uses
asyncio. But after the bundled app is built with pyqtdeploy-build, the
resulting executable fails with the error:

`ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'asyncio'`

The project uses python3.10.8, PyQt5-5.15.9, and pyqtdeploy 3.3.0

I have managed to simplfy down to a very basic pyqt project that
produces the same error, which may be seen here along with all steps in
the README:

https://hg.sr.ht/~kragacles/pyqtd-asyncio-test

I also can not find the asyncio module in the Packages tab of the
pyqtdeploy builder GUI, although I can verify the module does exist in
the sysroot python's lib folder.

My search of the pyqt mailing list shows what appears to be the same
issue in Feb of 2022, with a commment indicated it has been resolved.

```
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 16:56:25
There was a bug in the metadata for multiprocessing.reduction that meant
it, and everything that depended on it, was Windows only.

It is fixed in the current repo (and the next snapshot).
```

Is this still a known issue? Or has it been resolved and I am missing a
key step?

Thanks very much for any feedback,
-Andrew