Including shared libraries in wheels

Jean Abou Samra jean at abou-samra.fr
Tue Mar 7 10:20:19 GMT 2023

Hi,

I'm trying to build wheels for python-poppler-qt5, which uses SIP and PyQt-builder. It's close to working, except that my wheels don't contain the `libpoppler.so` and `libpoppler-qt5.so` files, which they should in order to work on others' machines. (I'd like avoid statically linking these into the binding's generated shared library because it would force me to compile Poppler myself into a static library on various OSes, while I can get it as a shared library from Conda.)

What would be the easiest way to make these libs end up in the wheels?

Thanks,

Jean