Problem with QTranslator (by GNU gettext user)

Dmitry Shachnev mitya57 at ubuntu.com
Sat Jun 17 14:16:26 BST 2023

On Sat, Jun 17, 2023 at 01:06:26PM +0000, c.buhtz at posteo.jp wrote:
> On 2023-06-17 16:04 Dmitry Shachnev <mitya57 at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > If you are using Debian or a derivative of it, make sure you have
> > qttranslations5-l10n package installed.
>
> Thanks for that hint. It was and is installed.

Then you can try using strace (strace python3 ./your_file.py) and check which
.qm files it tries to load. For me it looks like this:

access("/usr/share/qt5/translations/qt_de_DE.qm", R_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
access("/usr/share/qt5/translations/qt_de_DE", R_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
access("/usr/share/qt5/translations/qt_de.qm", R_OK) = 0

--
Dmitry Shachnev