Qt6.5 QPermission

Marko Luther marko.luther at gmx.net
Sat Jun 10 11:12:16 BST 2023

Dear Phil,

thanks for adding support for the Permission API to PyQt 6.5.1!

>> I add the following lines to the Info.plist of my app build with py2app.
>> <key>NSBluetoothAlwaysUsageDescription</key>
>> <string>MYAPP wants to access bluetooth</string>
>> This works only if running the final build. I did not find a way to
>> use QBluetooth on current macOS under Python3/PyQt6 on running from
>> source. I tried to add those lines to the "Python Launcher" (and by
>> this perhaps invalidating its code signature) without any success.
>
> The next snapshot includes permissions support. However (when making the changes to Python's own Info.plist) the requestPermission() handler always seems to return immediately with permission denied without putting up a dialog. Perhaps you will have better luck when using py2app.
>
> Phil

I was away from keyboard AFK and only now could test this. It works as expected from within my py2app-build PyQt6 app on macOS and nicely shows the OS permission dialog showing the text string given in the Info.plist of the app.

Best,
Marko