Python 3.12 segfault with mixin classes

Damon Lynch damonlynch at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 09:42:17 BST 2023

On Fri, 9 Jun 2023 at 20:12, Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.com>
wrote:

> Personally I've never a problem with the C API. If a call isn't
> documented then don't use it. The only improvements for me would be to
> slightly expand the scope of the limited API so that it could be used to
> write the sip module.

Given Mark Shannon's perspective that the API has evolved in a "haphazard
and often-unplanned way over the past three decades of Python’s existence",
that's wonderful to learn! For a project of PyQt's complexity, I imagine it
would be a world of hurt should you have to deal with an unwieldy Python
API.

Damon

--
https://damonlynch.net