Is there a pip command line option for a debug build PyQt6_sip?

John Ehresman jpe at wingware.com
Sat Jul 29 14:22:09 BST 2023

I ended up scripting the unpacking of the tarball, updating setup.cfg and then building. PyQt6_sip uses setuptools as the build backend. The base sip project also uses setuptools and has the same issue; I had already automated the updating of setup.cfg for sip but had forgotten that I did. I wasn’t able to find a general solution for setuptools based projects.

John