Is there a pip command line option for a debug build PyQt6_sip?

John Ehresman jpe at wingware.com
Thu Jul 27 17:56:44 BST 2023

I’m able to build a debug / pydebug build of PyQt6_sip by unpacking the .tar.gz, adding [build]\ndebug=true to setup.cfg, and then using pip install with the directory name.

Is there an option to pass to pip install when using the .tar.gz to set debug to true? I use a script to build and would rather just add a command line argument than to script the unpacking, editing, etc.

I’ve noticed that some packages such as pillow now default to debug builds if pip is run with a debug build of python — to use win32 command names, python.exe -m pip install builds/installs a release build and python_d.exe -m pip install builds/installs a debug build.

Thanks,

John