Bug: QApplication() raise nothing on tty

c.buhtz at posteo.jp c.buhtz at posteo.jp
Thu Jul 6 15:34:47 BST 2023

Hi,

I couldn't find a bug tracker. Am I right here?

When I try to create an instance of QApplication (PyQt5) the whole
Python instances crashes. I tried this in a tty terminal.

But I would expect that QApplication.__init__() raise an Exception (e.g.
RunTimeException) if something is wrong.

Currently I have to workaround such situations via checking environment
variables which blow up the code. I would better try to use a
try...except solution.

Kind
Christian