Application quits on python exception

Raymond Osborn rayosborn at mac.com
Wed Dec 13 20:43:12 GMT 2023

By ‘quit’, do you mean that the application aborts with a core dump? PyQt has aborted QApplications when encountering an unhandled Python exception since v5.5, so I’m not sure why you would not have encountered it before. Perhaps it’s a completely different issue.

If it’s the same issue, then you need to customize the sys.excepthook function. You can see an example of a fix I implemented a while ago in https://github.com/nexpy/nexpy/pull/125.

If it’s a different issue, then I apologize for adding to the noise.

Ray